Support Worker - Perth Hills region - WA
Bring your experience as a Support Worker to provide NDIS customers with direct support as part of their individual plans.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 25th October 2017 at 4pm
Please indicate your weekend availability in your application
- Exciting and challenging role covering Perth Hills Region
- Work for a growing organisation
- Help make a real difference
About the role
The Support Worker position is responsible for the delivery of direct supports to participants with complex and multiple needs in accordance with their individually funded plan. Individually funded plans are based on the participant’s goals and aspirations, now and for the future.
As a Support Worker you will:
- Help manage individual consumer plans
- Provide a range of psychosocial rehabilitation and supports to participants
- Undertake program facilitation
- Provide life skills coaching to consumers
- Coordinate client bookings
- Maintain reports on each case
- Provide backup/leave coverage of support coordination, as requested.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Please indicate your weekend availability in your application
- Have experience working with clients with a dual diagnosis/forensic history
- Hold a current police check (within the last 6 months)
- Hold a valid Working With Children Check
- Hold a current Australian driver’s licence and have a roadworthy vehicle insured to a minimum level covering third party property damage (comprehensive cover is recommended)
- Have experience in person centred community services support delivery will be well regarded.
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have the ability to build and maintain relationships
- Adhere to principles and values
- Be able to plan, organise and solve complex problems
- Be adaptable to change and ambiguous situations
- Relevant qualifications are an advantage, but not essential
Why you should come work with us?
Backed by Neami National (one of Australia’s most respected service providers in the mental health sector) Me Well is a national Not-For-Profit organisation setup specifically to provide services under the new National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). Joining Me Well now in the early rollout stage means you will be working with us to shape how services will be delivered under the new scheme. This will be a challenging role but offers great opportunities for learning, development and career progression as the organisation rapidly expands over the next 12 months. As a Not-For-Profit you will be working for an organisation that values people from all walks of life with rich and varied skills from all sectors and professional backgrounds. Me Well also offers generous salary packaging with up to $15,900+ in tax free pay per FBT year for full time and part time positions. If you are passionate about making a real, tangible difference in people’s lives, Me Well is the place for you.
About Me Well
Me Well (Mental Health & Wellbeing Australia) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Neami National, one of the largest providers of community mental health services in Australia. Our vision is for full citizenship for all people living with a mental illness in Australian society. Our mission is to improve mental health and wellbeing in local communities.
About the NDIS
The NDIS is a person centred, market driven, social insurance scheme established to provide support for people who have a permanent or likely to be permanent disability for the whole of their lives. Its intent is to give individuals:
- Empowerment to choose supports and services
- Holistic person centred planning
- Tailored individual funding packages and portability
For a complete position overview, please refer to the Position Description located on our website
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 25 October 2017 at 4pm