Support Facilitator - PIR Wollongong
The Support Facilitator will coordinate, facilitate and maintain a consumer’s access to the required services
- Join an exciting and expanding organisation
- Work within a values based, progressive Not For Profit
- Be part of a dynamic and reflective team working providing specialised support
“Full citizenship for all people living with a mental illness in Australian society”
About the Role
Casual, up to 40hrs/week to March 2018
The Support Facilitator will be part of the Partners in Recovery Program (PIR) where they will coordinate, facilitate and maintain a consumer’s access to the required services. The Support Facilitator will support the consumer to access the National Disability Employment Scheme and assist in the planning process.
- Work collaboratively with a range of organisations to ensure seamless access to consumers with complex needs
- Sharing in consumer’s achievements and seeing their hopes come to fruition
Staff are valued and supported to learn and develop throughout their careers. They are given regular opportunities to reflect on their practice at the team level and participate in targeted training.
The successful applicants will have:
- Solid experience in the human services environment
- Demonstrated understanding of how best to access and maintain appropriate services for consumers
- Committed to supporting recovery and improving outcomes for people living with mental illness
- Understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme, including eligibility and application process
Strong networking and communication skills
Foster and maintain respectful, professional relationships with consumers, staff and organisations
*Applicants with sound knowledge of homelessness and housing systems & pathways are encouraged to apply
Our vision is for full citizenship for all people living with a mental illness in Australian society. Our mission is to improve mental health and wellbeing in local communities across the country.
We believe that recovery is an individual process and that with the right kind of support everyone can live a life based on their own strengths, values and goals for the future.
Applications for this role close: Thursday 21 December 2017
We respectfully request no recruitment agency applications.
The terms and conditions of the role are listed in the position description. If you have any further questions not addressed in the advertising words or position description please contact:
Acting Service Manager
02 4226 3277