Support Facilitator – Partners in Recovery Strathpine
We are seeking a passionate Support Facilitator to join our team at Strathpine.
- Join an exciting and expanding organisation
- Work within a values based, progressive Not for Profit
- Be part of a dynamic and reflective team working providing specialised support
Who are we?
“Full citizenship for all people living with a mental illness in Australian society”
Neami National is a community mental health service supporting people living with mental illness to improve their health, live independently and pursue a life based on their own strengths, values and goals.
We provide services in diverse communities in Western Australia, Queensland, South Australia, Victoria and New South Wales, ranging from the inner-city and suburbs to regional and remote areas.
About the role:
- Full Time Maximum Term Contract until June 2018 (With the possibility of an extension)
- Based at Neami Strathpine covering Brisbane Metro North area
The Support Facilitator will be part of the Partners in Recovery Program (PIR). The PIR program aims to support consumers with a severe and persistent mental illness, who also have many needs, and their carers and families to access services and supports from multiple sectors. The role of the Support Facilitator is to coordinate, facilitate and maintain access to the required services.
You will also:
- work collaboratively with a range of organisations to ensure the seamless access and provision of multiple services to consumers
- Assist consumers to access the NDIS as the program rolls out in the region.
- Provide a Coordinated Service to Consumers
- Participate Fully as a Team Member
- Develop and Foster Partnerships
- Maintain Records and Resources
The successful applicant will have:
- Solid experience in the human services environment
- An understanding of how best to access, advocate for, and maintain services for consumers
- The desire to commit to supporting recovery and improving outcomes for consumers
- Ability to adapt and respond to change
- The skills to Foster and maintain respectful, professional relationships with consumers, staff and organisations
- Strong communication skills
- Experiencing in solving complex problems
Reasons why you should come and work for Neami:
Neami offers its staff a variety of incentives such as:
- Extensive Learning and Development Program
- Regular Practice Development sessions and coaching with your supervisor
- Attractive Salary Packaging available, increasing take home pay by around $7,000
- Excellent conditions including 3 months paid parental leave, a monthly accrued day off, generous long service leave and 3 days gratis leave per year.
The position description is available for a complete overview of the role and the skills required.
Applications for this role close: Sunday October29, 2017
No recruitment agency candidates will be accepted for this position
- Name: Adam Weatherill, Service Manager
- Phone: 07 3205 6622