General Practitioner – Street to Home
Neami has been funded to operate a Street to Home service in Light Square, Adelaide.
- Join Neami’s StH service to provide primary healthcare to rough sleepers in Adelaide CBD
- Provide GP services across StH service
- Work within a values based, progressive Not for Profit organisation
“Full citizenship for all people living with a mental illness in Australian society”
The General Practitioner role requires primary healthcare assessments, diagnosis and treatment plans within a recovery oriented framework. The primary target groups for the service are homeless people sleeping rough, including young people, Indigenous Australians, people with diagnosed and undiagnosed mental illness, and people with little or no income.
About Street to Home:
Neami Street to Home service provides culturally appropriate, assertive outreach and case management to homelessness people sleeping rough in the Adelaide CBD within a Housing First approach. Street to Home will provide people sleeping rough in the inner city access to primary health, drug and alcohol and other support services both by clinicians at the Street to Home hub and via street patrols with the street outreach teams.
The assertive outreach model is aimed at providing integrated services that focus on consumer identified goals, improved health outcomes and transition from homelessness to safe, secure and sustainable long term accommodation. We persist and work with people over the medium to long term supporting people to maintain their tenancies once they are in housing.
About the Role
- Part Time (0.2FTE), Temporary contract until 30 June 2019
- Approximately 16 hours per fortnight
- Provide primary healthcare responses for homeless people sleeping rough in inner city Adelaide parklands and North Adelaide
- Collaborate with the Street to Home multidisciplinary primary health care team to provide culturally appropriate and non-judgemental services
You will have:
- You must be AHPRA registered to be eligible to apply
- Relevant clinical experience working within a rehabilitation/recovery setting is desirable
For further details please contact
Acting Regional Manager: Kelly Jacob on (08) 8180 9995 or 0434 126 912
Service Manager: Marion Kennedy on (08) 8714 9000 or 0439 459 034
Please note that no recruitment agency candidates will be accepted for this position.