Enquiries and referrals: 03 8691 5353
YFlex does not offer crisis and emergency support. Call 000 (Ambulance, Police, Fire) or 13 11 14 (Lifeline Crisis Hotline) or see list of online and phone contacts for crisis or emergency support
Specialist mental health support
YFlex specialises in providing mental health support to young people (12-25 years) who face barriers to accessing mental health services.
YFlex support is tailored, responsive and specialised to the needs of young people and meets them where they are at on their recovery journey.
YFlex provides support to young people who are:
- Experiencing complex mental health issues
- At risk of developing complex mental health issues
- Experiencing emerging mental health issues and have difficulty accessing other mainstream mental health supports
Recovery focused clinical support
The YFlex team provides intensive clinical, recovery-focused supports, including:
- Flexible outreach mental health support
- Assessment and monitoring of mental state and risk
- Medication consultation and management
- Evidence based therapeutic interventions
- Group programs tailored to young people experiencing mental health issues
- Regular contact with a young person’s family or support network
- Supported referrals to mainstream health services
- Interventions targeting issues such as:
- co-occurring substance use, physical health, sexual health, homelessness, justice and financial stress.
- Live in or have links to the City of Whittlesea, and the southern parts of Murrindindi and Mitchell Shires, including Kinglake, Toolangi, Wallan and Wandong.
- Be aged between 12 and 25 years
- Experiencing emerging to complex mental health issues
If you have questions regarding eligibility please contact our office.
To make a referral or for more information, contact the YFlex team.
When making a referral on behalf of a young person please discuss YFlex with them prior to contact.
Neami encourages referrals from people who identify as LGBTIQ, culturally diverse, Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people, and refugees.
The aims of YFlex
YFlex offers young people improved and timely access to specialist mental health supports, with the aim of:
- Developing a stronger sense of identity, optimism and hope
- Decreasing psychological distress and increasing coping skills
- Increasing social, educational and vocational functioning
- Increasing a sense of connection/belonging with local community
- Developing relapse prevention plans
- Decreasing problematic alcohol and drug use
YFlex emphasises relationships and intensive psychosocial support with integrated clinical care.
Outreach support can occur in young peoples’ homes or communities to allow more time for developing relationships with young people and their supports.
Understanding the importance of family and friendship networks to a young person’s recovery, YFlex works collaboratively with family, friends and carers.